The Diabetes and Thyroid Center of Fort Worth was established in 2007 with the motivation of providing compassionate, up-to-date and comprehensive medicine. Our board certified Endocrinologists, Dr. Darren Lackan, Dr. Chris Bajaj, Dr. Anjanette Tan, Ashley Foster, PA, Laura Sapaugh, PA and Julie Prater, RNFNP, are committed to practicing evidence-based medicine in order to give our patients care that is second to none.
- We are excited to announce an expansion to our clinic. Dr. Chris Bajaj will start seeing patients in the Colleyville location on Thursdays, in January 2014. DTC will be practicing out of Dr. Song Lee's office on this day. In order to make an appointment for the Colleyville location, please call 817-263-0007. At this time, this location does not have capability for thyroid ultrasounds. If a thyroid ultrasound is needed for a follow up, your appointment should be made for the Fort Worth location.
We are pleased to welcome Dr. Christopher Hudak to the DTC provider family. Learn more about Dr. Christopher Hudak.
We provide expert care for all aspects of Endocrinology:
- Diabetes - Types 1, 2 and Gestational
- Thyroid disorders – Hypothyroidism, such as Hashimoto’s disease; Hyperthyroidism, such as Graves’ disease; thyroid nodules, and all types of thyroid cancers.
- On site- Thyroid Ultrasounds, Fine Needle Aspirations/Biopsy, and Radioactive Iodine Treatment/Ablations.
- Pituitary disorders
- Osteoporosis and disorders of bone metabolism
- Parathyroid disorders
- Adrenal disorders and tumors - such as Cushing's Syndrome
We practice evidence- based medicine. This includes treatment of menopausal syndrome if the benefits outweigh the risks. This is decided on an individual basis. We do not prescribe “bio-identical” hormones as they have not been proven to be more effective or have fewer risks than the extensively studied FDA approved medications. Read More. We also do not prescribe “anti-aging” medicine such as growth hormone, unless a true growth hormone deficiency is diagnosed.
Our board certified Endocrinologists are recognized as experts in this field. We will provide comprehensive care for all the diseases we treat.
For our diabetic patients, our goal is to prevent complications or prevent progression of complications. We take an individual approach to each patient to get your blood sugars under control. We can arrange for on site diabetes education in all aspects of the disease. We will arrange for screening of all diabetic complications including eye diseases, kidney disease, nerve diseases and cardiovascular diseases. We are also able to organize insulin pump starts, in the appropriate patient.
For our thyroid patients, we are able to diagnose if there is a true thyroid disorder. We treat a large population of patients with both underactive thyroid (Hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (Hyperthyroidism) and all thyroid cancers. In our clinic, we perform thyroid ultrasounds, fine needle aspirations (FNA) of thyroid nodules, and treat patients with radioactive iodine (I131) for both hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer.
For our sex hormone disorders, we have been trained to help patients restore their body’s hormonal balance. We will diagnose hormonal disease such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), one of the largest endocrine diseases in women. There are many aspects of this disease that will need to be managed, including cosmetic concerns (abnormal hair growth and acne), infertility, irregular menstrual cycles and metabolic complications.
Fatigue is a common symptom in many endocrine disorders. It is also a symptom for a large number of conditions. We are not a fatigue clinic or specialists for this, but it will be addressed in context of established hormonal dysfunction.
Congratulations to Dr. Bajaj, Dr. Lackan and Dr. Tan for being voted by their peers as "Top Docs' of 2013 by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine!"
read article >>
Texas Monthly selects Dr. Bajaj as Rising Star. Learn more at SuperDoctors.com
Diabetes and Thyroid Center
7801 Oakmont Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76132
View Map >
Diabetes and Thyroid Center
6220 Colleyville Blvd
Colleyville, TX 76034
View Map >